Invitation to a debate "Ukrainian political prisoners in Russia and Crimea" and a movie screening of Oleg Sentsov, Ukrainian filmmaker and political prisoner in Russia
On behalf of the Members of the European Parliament Ms Julie Ward (S&D, United Kingdom) and Mrs Marju Lauristin (S&D, Estonia), the Open Dialog Foundation and the Mission of Ukraine to the EU, we would like to kindly invite you to an event dedicated to a problem of Ukrainian political prisoners in the Russian Federation and the illegally occupied Crimea, with the participation of:
- Ms Julie Ward, Member of the European Parliament and the Committee on Culture and Education (S&D, United Kingdom);
- Mrs Marju Lauristin, Member of the European Parliament and the Delegation to the EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Association Committee (S&D, Estonia);
- H.E. Mr Ambassador Mykola Tochytskyi, Mission of Ukraine to the EU;
- Mr Igor Kotelanec, brother of Mr Evgeny Panov, Ukrainian political prisoner from Crimea, held in Russia;
- Ms Yulija Sushchenko, daughter of Mr Roman Sushchenko, Ukrainian journalist and political prisoner, held in Russia;
- Mrs Lyudmyla Kozlovska, President of the Open Dialog Foundation;
- Mrs Oleksandra Matviychuk, Head of the Board of Center for Civil Liberties.
The event will take place at the European Parliament in Brussels, on Tuesday, 28 February, 2017, between 13:00-16:00 in the room ASP A5G305.
During the event the cases of Mr Oleg Sentsov, Ukrainian filmmaker and the current political prisoner in the Russian Federation, as well as other 'hostages of the Kremlin', will be presented and discussed. At the end of a debate (around 14:00) there will be a screening of Mr Sentsov's movie "Gamer" (2011).
The event will be held in English (with Ukrainian/Russian interpretation when needed).
Center for Civil Liberties from Ukraine is a partner of the event.
If you need a badge to the European Parliament, please contact the office of Member of the European Parliament Mrs Julie Ward: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: +32(0)2 28 45702.