Preventing and combating corruption in Central Asian countries
On the 22nd of June, 2011 in room P4B001 of the European Parliament, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 a.m. there will be held a conference “Central Asia: how to prevent and fight corruption?”. The Conference is being organised by FLARE Network and the Open Dialog Foundation under the auspices of the MEP Marek Migalski (Party of European Conservatives and Reformers).
The conference will be devoted to systemic conditioning of corruption as an economic and political social issue in the Central Asia, as well as its symptoms, methods of prevention and combating by civil organizations and the international community.
In the conference there will take part social activists from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Presentation of the situation in the region will be an introduction to discussion, in the course of which participants will be seek to answer the following questions:
– to what extent are the Central Asian countries able to control the situation in the area of ensuring internal security?
– what is the connection between the corruption of authorities and suicidal terrorist attacks in the recent months in Kazakhstan? What is the risk of destabilization of the region in the Afghan manner?
– is there a corrupt symbiosis between state-owned departments for fighting drug crime and the criminal world?
– why should the recent events in Central Asia attract Europe’s attention?
– how are the operations of European companies financed on Central Asian markets and how to counteract money laundering?
– whether and when European grants support reforms and democratic transformations, and when do they reinforce dictatorships?
Please confirm your participation and do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions:
- Anna Koj, FLARE Network – Brussels’ Representative Office to the EU
[email protected] Tel +32 470 69 34 24
- Lyudmyla Kozlovska, Open Dialog Foundation
[email protected] Tel +48 507 73 90 25
FLARE – Freedom, Legality and Rights in Europe – is an international network of non-governmental organisations whose common goal is to combat corruption and the international organised crime. FLARE members are associations promoting an active attitude of young people.
For more information, please visit FLARE website: www.flarenetwork.org
Open Dialog Foundation
«Open Dialog» Foundation was created by people who believe that the European values – personal freedom, human rights, democracy, self-determination are not merely declarations, but should be a universal reality of the 21st century. For more information please visit the Foundation’s website: www.odfoundation.eu
The conference is organised in cooperation with: