There has been great success for the action organised by the Open Dialogue Foundation and Niskie Składki (Low Contributions) and Spontaniczny Sztab Obywatelski (Spontaneous Civic Staff) associations with the support of Patryk Wachowiec from the FOR (Civil Development Forum) Foundation. In the face of the epidemic in Poland, we have raised PLN 500,763 for meals for the health care workers who are tirelessly fighting the spread of coronavirus and helping those infected.
Once again, it became clear that, to Poles, ‘solidarity’ is not
just an empty word! To date, nearly 10,000 donors have contributed to meals for
hospital employees. Over 500 restaurants and catering companies from all over
the country have also signed up for the action. We are very grateful to them
for their enthusiastic, community-spirited response. The catering industry is
one of those most affected by the current crisis and we are happy to be acting
together for the benefit of all.
For a few days now, free meals have been provided to health care
workers all over Poland: not only for doctors, but also paramedics, nurses and
hospital administrative staff – all of whom have found themselves in this
More photos of medical staff with the meals can be viewed on our FB funpage.
The action #PosiłekDlaLekarza (in English #MealForADoctor) is part of the activity of Spontaniczny Sztab Obywatelski (Spontaneous Civic Staff), established by activists of the Open Dialogue Foundation, Obserwatorium Wyborcze (Election Observatory) and local cells of the Committee for the Defence of Democracy (KOD).
We invite you to support and promote our action: https://zrzutka.pl/PosilekDlaLekarza. To make the action last for another week on such a scale, we need to raise the same amount!
- #PosiłekDlaLekarza: a new ODF and its partners’ campaign in the face of the coronavirus pandemic (14.03.2020)
- Message for restaurateurs supporting the #PosiłekDlaLekarza campaign (24.03.2020)
- #PosiłekDlaLekarza – report on previous activities (02.04.2020)
- #PosiłekDlaLekarza is changing its operating model (6.04.2020)
- Cooperation with DzialajmyRazem.pl (12.04.2020)
- The #PosiłekDlaLekarza and #WzywamyPosiłki campaigns join forces! (14.04.2020)
- Finalising the settlement of the action #PosiłekDlaLekarza: 58,000 zlotys for City Hospital No. 4 in Gliwice (24.07.2020)
- Financial Summary of the aid action #MealForADoctor conducted from 16 March to 15 May 2020 (3 August 2020)