Today, Rafał Matouszek, Logistics Coordinator at the Open Dialogue Foundation, visited Silesia – his home region. During the special mission, Rafał met with the management of City Hospital No. 4 in Gliwice in order to sign a donation agreement for the amount of over 58,000 zlotys that remained after settlements with restaurants as part of the #PosiłekDlaLekarza (in English #MealForADoctor) campaign. The campaign was carried out together with the FOR (Civil Development Forum) Foundation and the Niskie Składki (Low Contributions) and Spontaniczny Sztab Obywatelski (Spontaneous Civic Staff) associations.
“We did not expect that such a spontaneous idea would raise over 680,000 zlotys, donated by almost 12,000 people. It took a lot of work and even more responsibility, as well as the involvement of many people. We wanted to spend the 58,000 we had left over from hospital meals as best as possible – we owe it to the donors. It is important for us to help the health services during the pandemic. That’s why I’m here today – on behalf of my foundation, but also all those who created it and supported #PosiłekDlaLekarza. We are all grateful to you for fighting for patients at such a difficult time. Many times I was a volunteer for the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity myself, but I did not expect to play such a role. It’s an honour for me,” said our colleague.
“This is a very important gesture, which shows that we still have good people around us who are supporting medics at this very difficult time. We have to think ahead: not only about what will happen in the coming weeks, but also about the following months and years,” emphasised Przemysław Gliklich, President of City Hospital No. 4 in Gliwice.
“We are very happy that we can help the hospital in Gliwice, but we are only an intermediary: these funds come from a fundraising campaign that was supported by nearly 12,000 residents of our country. After completing settlements with restaurants as part of the action #PosiłekDlaLekarza, we are obliged to spend them on helping medics. We want to make sure that the support reaches those in need,” said Bartosz Kramek, Head of the Open Dialogue Foundation Board.
By decision of the Ministry of Health, since 1 May 2020, City Hospital No. 4 in Gliwice at 20 Zygmunta Starego St. has been operating as a single-type infectious disease facility. Since then, the hospital has provided specialist medical assistance to more than 200 patients as part of the intensive care unit and the infectious disease ward.
- Polskie Radio Katowice: 58,000 zlotys for the hospital in Gliwice (23 July 2020)
- Nowiny Gliwickie: The Open Dialogue Foundation helps City Hospital No. 4 in Gliwice. 58,000 zlotys donated for medical equipment (23 July 2020)
- #PosiłekDlaLekarza: a new ODF and its partners’ campaign in the face of the coronavirus pandemic (14 March 2020)
- Fundraising for the #PosiłekDlaLekarza has exceeded half a million PLN! (23 March 2020)
- Message for restaurateurs supporting the #PosiłekDlaLekarza campaign (24 March 2020)
- #PosiłekDlaLekarza – report on previous activities (02 April 2020)
- #PosiłekDlaLekarza is changing its operating model (6 April 2020)
- Cooperation with DzialajmyRazem.pl (12 April 2020)
- The #PosiłekDlaLekarza and #WzywamyPosiłki campaigns join forces! (14 April 2020)