1. Yesterday’s events exposed the true face of Sergey Andreyev, his master in the Kremlin and modern Russia. The ambassador’s bloodied, smiling face is the most vivid illustration of the nature of Putin’s regime.
2. Poles did not commit this act, it was Ukrainian blood and emotions, which are totally justified. We did not organise or inspire yesterday’s action. We emphasise – it was our Ukrainian friends who carried out this particular operation. On their own.
3. We expect Robert Bąkiewicz, Radoslaw Fogiel and the Polish Press Agency to retract misleading information claiming that activists of the Open Dialogue Foundation or “Kramek’s circle” were behind it.
4. The responsibility for the incident lies with Sergey Andreyev, who persistently sought to provoke such a situation, and the Polish authorities, who failed to expel him from our country and ensure his safety. The Warsaw and Polish police have considerable experience in securing assemblies, protecting widely disliked figures and monuments.
5. Since 24 February, we have collected more than PLN 14 million for humanitarian aid. Thanks to thousands of donors, we are supporting Ukrainian soldiers on the frontline and refugees in Poland. So far, we have sent over 5100 bulletproof vests, nearly 1000 ballistic helmets, 140 thermal imaging devices, accommodated several thousand refugees and relocated over 1200 refugees from Poland to other countries. We are developing a network of Homes for Independent Mums – two of which already house 30 wards (with their children).
These activities would not be possible without you – thus we appeal for your further support to be able to continue our work.
Cover photo: onet.pl