We would appreciate if you could confirm whether you will be able to attend the panel for our organisational purposes. To confirm attendance or submit any questions, please contact [email protected].
The event will take place on 2nd October 2015, 16:00 – 17:15, within the renowned European Forum for New Ideas, held in Sopot, Poland.
The discussion will be centred around three key questions and areas:
- Would new cooperation concepts (such as Intermarum – Baltic Sea/Black Sea) be helpful?
- Is the experience of Georgia or Moldova relevant for the case of Ukraine?
- What should be the role and strategy of Poland, the Baltic States and the EU in the long-term cooperation with Ukraine?
In order to ensure an inspiring and high-level exchange on this very important topic, we are also inviting to join the discussion, i.a.:
- Lech Wałęsa, President of Poland in 1990-1995;
- Janusz Piechociński, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy of Poland;
- Oksana Syroyid, Deputy Chairwoman of the Verkhovna Rada;
- Volodymyr Omelyan, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure, Ukraine;
- Kalman Mizsei, Head, EU Advisory Mission for Civilian Security Sector Reform in Ukraine;
- Mikheil Saakashvili, Head of Odessa Oblast State Administration, President of Georgia in 2008-2013.
and selected Members of the Ukrainian, Polish and European Parliament, diplomats, intellectuals and civil society experts.
The event will be moderated by:
- Mr Jacek Stawiski – Chief Editor of “Świat” programme at TVN24 Biznes i Świat
- Mr Marcin Święcicki – Member of the Polish Parliament
The theme of this year’s, 5th edition of the Forum will be: Europe in the face of growing social inequality, radicalism, and geopolitical threats. To learn more about EFNI and this year’s panellists, please take a look at the attached overview and visit the Forum’s website: www.EFNI.pl/en and the page dedicated to the panel discussion: www.EFNI.en/
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or phone: tomasz.czuwara@odfoundation, T: +48 534 670 800.
Kamil Wyszkowski – General Director Global Compact Poland – UN Secretary General Initiative
Lyudmyla Kozlovska – President Open Dialogue Foundation
Stefanie Schiffer – General Director European Exchange / Kiev Dialogue