Poland placed Lyudmyla Kozlovska on the Schengen Information System (SIS) alert list which resulted in her immediate deportation from the EU territory. This opened yet another stage of the battle led by the Polish Government against the Open Dialogue Foundation, considering that Bartosz Kramek, Head of the Foundation Board and Kozlovska’s husband is an activist known for his involvement in civic protests in front of the Polish Parliament and courts.
The ODF President arrived in Brussels on Monday at 10:40 pm. – I was among the first passengers who left the plane. – recalls Kozlovska in her interview for Onet. – I gave my passport to the police officer and he checked it in the system. Suddenly he asked me what kind of crime I had committed. I told him that I had committed no crime. So he asked me: ‘What is the reason that Poland has put your name on the wanted list?’. Then I realised what it was all about. I explained him that my husband was a civil society activist and I had been expecting that one day I would get deported because of him.
Bartosz Kramek is convinced that the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska was a retaliation measure targeted against himself. – This is an example of retaliation for my public involvement – he says – My wife had nothing to do with my article “Let the State come to stop: Let’s shut down the Government!” published in July last year.
Sign a petition:
- Poland uses SIS to prevent President of the Open Dialogue Foundation from entering the Schengen area
- Information on the inclusion of Lyudmyla Kozlovska in the SIS database by Poland
Other media coverage of the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska:
- Washington Post: The Kozlovska story shows that the entire EU justice system is now under threat
- Kramek in the @Tłit_WP studio: My wife was not surprised by the deportation
- KyivPost: Jaroslaw Kaczynski has been branded as Ukraine’s Foe of the Week. For his ‘outrageous attack’ on the ODF President
- Onet: Ukraine outraged by the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska from Poland and the EU
- Newsweek: European politicians stand up for Kozlovska who has been removed from the EU