One may well anticipate the abuse of Interpol’s Red Notice system by Kremlin to persecute its political adversaries. However, such abuse of the Schengen Information System by the government of an EU Member State in order to silence its critic is quite shocking – says Euan MacDonald, a KyivPostcolumnist.
This leading Ukrainian newspaper published in the English language has recently branded Jaroslaw Kaczynski as Ukraine’s Foe of the Week. [Lyudmyla] Kozlovska, who is married to a Polish citizen and who has lived in Poland for 10 years, is now banned from entering not just Poland, but all EU States. She apparently earned the ire of Poland, or more accurately, its ruling Law and Justice Party, because of her activism in opposing the party’s attacks on the independence of Poland’s judiciary – reports KyivPost in its online edition – Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the chairman of the Law and Justice Party, is thus Ukraine’s Foe of the Week and a winner of the Order of Lenin for his outrageous attack on a Ukrainian civil activist.
Sign a petition:
- Poland uses SIS to prevent President of the Open Dialog Foundation from entering the Schengen area
- Information on the inclusion of Lyudmyla Kozlovska in the SIS database by Poland
Other media coverage of the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska:
- Washington Post: The Kozlovska story shows that the entire EU justice system is now under threat
- ‘The Polish Government takes revenge on my wife for my civic activism’ – says Bartosz Kramek about the ODF President’s deportation
- Kramek in the @Tłit_WP studio: My wife was not surprised by the deportation
- Onet: Ukraine outraged by the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska from Poland and the EU
- Newsweek: European politicians stand up for Kozlovska who has been removed from the EU