Ukrainian activists, journalists and human rights defenders express their indignation at the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska from Poland and the EU. Moreover, politicians from several Ukrainian parties asked the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to obtain explanations from the Polish side. Everyone agrees that the deportation of the President of the Open Dialog Foundation was politically motivated.
“Poland was an example of democracy for us. Recent events indicate that this process is reversible”. “This is one of the black pages of our relationship”.”Jaroslaw Kaczynski is an enemy of the Week of Ukraine and a laureate of the Order of Lenin” – Ukrainian politicians, journalists and human rights activists do not mince their words on the decision of Poland to expel the Ukrainian president of the Open Dialog Foundation, Lyudmyla Kozlovska.The Ukrainian voices on this issue are quoted by Onet.
To recall: late in the evening on 13 August, Lyudmyla Kozlovska was detained at Brussels airport. At that time, she learned that the head of the Office for Foreigners, at the request of an authorised body, entered her into the Schengen Information System (SIS) that allows for the control of persons crossing the border of the Schengen area. The day after, Belgians placed her on the first available flight to Kiev, with no right of access to the territory of the European Union.
Sign a petition:
- Poland uses SIS to prevent President of the Open Dialog Foundation from entering the Schengen area
- Information on the inclusion of Lyudmyla Kozlovska in the SIS database by Poland
Other media coverage of the deportation of Lyudmyla Kozlovska:
- Washington Post: The Kozlovska story shows that the entire EU justice system is now under threat
- ‘The Polish Government takes revenge on my wife for my civic activism’ – says Bartosz Kramek about the ODF President’s deportation
- KyivPost: Jaroslaw Kaczynski has been branded as Ukraine’s Foe of the Week. For his ‘outrageous attack’ on the ODF President
- Kramek in the @Tłit_WP studio: My wife was not surprised by the deportation
- Newsweek: European politicians stand up for Kozlovska who has been removed from the EU