“In our opinion, entering Lyudmyla Kozlovska into the Schengen Information System (SIS) and depriving her of the right to stay within the Schengen area is a dangerous precedent initiating a new way of persecution of civil activists in the EU Member States” – claims a group of Ukrainian NGOs in response to the deportation of the ODF President from the EU.
On 17th August, the Centre for Civil Liberties, Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union and a number of other Ukrainian organisations advocating human rights issued a call in connection with detention of President of the Open Dialog Foundation which took place in Brussels and her removal from the territory of the European Union. In their joint call they emphasise that the attempts at discrediting the Foundation before the EU institutions or rumours disseminated by the Polish right-wing press concerning the ODF’s alleged co-operation with the Russian special forces commenced shortly after the Foundation’s authorities had engaged into anti-government protests against violations of the Polish Constitution. “On the other hand, the new legislative changes concerning the judiciary system in Poland have been criticised by the EU and forced the European Commission to institute the proceedings against Poland under Article 7 of the Treaty of Lisbon for the first time ever.” – highlight the NGOs.
Sign a petition:
- Poland uses SIS to prevent President of the Open Dialog Foundation from entering the Schengen area
- Information on the inclusion of Lyudmyla Kozlovska in the SIS database by Poland
Other support voices:
- Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights: Detention of the ODF President has been illegal
- Ombudsman intervenes on the issue of expulsion of Lyudmyla Kozlovska
- Wielowieyski and Święcicki defend the Open Dialog Foundation. Polemic with Pełczyńska-Nałęcz
- Marcin Święcicki, Member of the Polish Sejm, issued a parliamentary question concerning the removal of Lyudmyla Kozlovska from the territory of the EU to the Polish Prime Minister
- Andrzej Wielowieyski for Rzeczpospolita: The strike against the Open Dialog Foundation is Russia’s success
- Freedom Square: The case of Lyudmyla Kozlovska is a test of our solidarity
- Guy Verhofstadt: The Schengen visa ban on Lyudmyla Kozlovska must be withdrawn
- MEP Rebecca Harms shocked by the expulsion of the ODF President from the EU
- Dr. Evelien Brouwer: Schengen Entry Bans for Political Reasons? The Case of Lyudmyla Kozlovska