The Polish Ombudsman raised the matter of President of the Open Dialogue Foundation, Lyudmyla Kozlovska, whose name has been put in the Schengen Information System by Plish authorities, resulting in a ban on entry on the territory of the European Union. This information was published on the Ombundsman’s website on 23 August.
“The Ombudsman addressed the Office for Foreigners with a request that he be provided with the legal basis be provided for the entry made in the SIS; the information as to which the authority applied for it, and the case file” – the website reads. – ”The Ombudsman’s Equal Treatment Team asked for information on the legal basis on which the foreigner’s data were entered into the SIS and which authority requested that this entry be made. It was also requested that a copy of all documentation relating to the case, being at the disposal of the Office for Foreigners, including a request to enter the foreigner’s data in the SIS, be sent.
The Ombudsman’s office pointed out that, in the case when the materials for which it applies are secret (and parts of the files of Lyudmyla Kozlovska‘s residence case have been classified as secret), it is possible to disclose them to the Ombudsman in accordance with the principles and in the order specified in the regulations on the protection of classified information.
Sign a petition:
- Poland uses SIS to prevent President of the Open Dialogue Foundation from entering the Schengen area
- Information on the inclusion of Lyudmyla Kozlovska in the SIS database by Poland
Other support voices:
- Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights: Detention of the ODF President has been illegal
- Wielowieyski and Święcicki defend the Open Dialogue Foundation. Polemic with Pełczyńska-Nałęcz
- Marcin Święcicki, Member of the Polish Sejm, issued a parliamentary question concerning the removal of Lyudmyla Kozlovska from the territory of the EU to the Polish Prime Minister
- Andrzej Wielowieyski for Rzeczpospolita: The strike against the Open Dialogue Foundation is Russia’s success
- Ukrainian NGOs call for support for Lyudmyla Kozlovska
- Freedom Square: The case of Lyudmyla Kozlovska is a test of our solidarity
- Dr. Evelien Brouwer: Schengen Entry Bans for Political Reasons? The Case of Lyudmyla Kozlovska
- Guy Verhofstadt: The Schengen visa ban on Lyudmyla Kozlovska must be withdrawn
- MEP Rebecca Harms shocked by the expulsion of the ODF President from the EU