On 29 August 2019, we filed a request to exclude the Head of the Customs and Tax Office in Lodz (Pol. Urząd Celno-Skarbowy w Łodzi) due to his violation of Article 121 §1 of the Act of 29 August 1997, Tax Ordinance (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 900, as amended), by conducting customs and tax inspections and tax proceedings in a manner that violates the principle of conducting tax proceedings in a way that inspires trust, in particular conducting such proceedings despite reasonable doubts as to the impartiality of the authority and committing numerous violations concerning the maintenance of professional secrecy and abuse of power in the course of their conduct.
The application relates to tax audits of the Foundation and Silk Road Biuro Analiz i Informacji Sp. z o.o., which supports us, and results from the violation of tax secrecy and family ties of the Customs and Tax Office management members.
On 26 June 2019, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna published an article in which it was pointed out that until 28 February 2017, Tomasz Waszczykowski, brother of the former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Witold Waszczykowski, was the Head of the Fiscal Control Office in Lodz (Pol. Urząd Kontroli Skarbowej – this was the name of the unit before the reform of the National Tax Administration). Moreover, Tomasz Waszczykowski still works at the Customs and Tax Office in Lodz, where he heads the 1st Customs and Tax Control Department.
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs Witold Waszczykowski repeatedly presented a highly negative attitude towards the activities of the Foundation and its management. In the summer of 2017 he directly requested a tax audit of ODF. Despite the fact that both the Foundation and the company had their registered offices in Warsaw, our cases have been transferred to the Customs and Tax Office in Lodz.
- Open Dialogue: Investigation by the prosecutor’s office into abuse of power to the detriment of the Foundation
- DGP: Minister Waszczykowski’s brother worked in the office auditing Kozlovska’s Foundation
- The Open Dialogue Foundation files the notification to the prosecutor’s office on the suspicion of commiting a crime concerning the disclosure of tax secrecy
- Statement on the results of the fiscal control and Internal Security Agency investigation
- Unprecedented attacks on the Open Dialogue Foundation in Poland
- Onet publishes a release about the tax and duty inspection at the ODF
- Seven inspectors representing the Customs and Tax Office in Łódź visited the Open Dialogue Foundation