- Human rights
- Oppression of the opposition
- Reforms in Ukraine
- Persecution of lawyers
- Freedom of speech
- Nursultan Nazarbayev
- Igor Vinyavskiy
- Humanitarian aid
- Vladimir Kozlov
- Bolat Atabayev
- Vadim Kuramshin
- Alexandr Pavlov
- Mukhtar Ablyazov
- Muratbek Ketebayev
- Election observation
- Alma Shalabayeva
- Tatyana Paraskevich
- Zaure Akpenbetova
- Election monitoring
- Ukrainian World
- Oleg Sentsov
- Nadiya Savchenko
- Zinaida Mukhortova
- Rafis Kashapov
- Nadia Savchenko
- Bota Jardemalie
‘Ukrainian World’ was a platform led by the Open Dialog Foundation in cooperation with Euromaidan Warsaw. Operating for more than two years before its closure, it rendered assistance to refugees from the East. Consultations and meetings, designed to help refugees find a job in Poland, or a school for refugees’ children, were carried out in the premises of the centre. It also offered psychological and legal assistance and organised the Polish language courses.
Ukrainian World was not only a support centre.It became the centre for Ukrainian culture in the very heart of Warsaw. In this centre, we promoted cultural events, such as meetings, book and film promotions, exhibitions and concerts.
The reason for its closure in June 2016 was the financial constraints of the Foundation and the lack of opportunities to develop parallel projects in the current premises, which would enable the financing of the support.
See Photo Gallery, displaying pictures of u0027Ukrainian Worldu0027.
Summary of humanitarian aid provided by the Open Dialog Foundation in 2015
- Will Warsaw have the ‘Heroes of Maidan’ street? Leading Polish media on the ODF’s initiative
- ‘Ukrainian World’ features in a reportage by The Guardian
- ‘Save ‘Ukrainian World!’’. Gazeta Wyborcza on the threat of closure faced by the refugee assistance centre
- “This place is teeming with Ukrainian life’. Newsweek on immigrants and volunteers at ‘Ukrainian World’
- Ukrainian news portals about the Military Post Office at ‘Ukrainian World’
- TVN Uwaga: Who are the Ukrainians residing in Poland?
- Wyborcza.pl: Humanitarian organisations plead for help for eastern Ukraine
- Naszemiasto.pl: Ukrainians vote in Warsaw for their new parliament
- TVP on the Foundation’s Project – “Ukrainian World“